Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Staying Accountable

I Need to Be Accountable

On my last post, I set some goals for the week, now those goals were not huge insurmountable goals, they were realistic, doable goals.  They were to continue walking each day, and to track all my food, whether I was in my limit or not.  Now it is time to be accountable for the week so far, and tell my readers how I did April 3, 4, and 5th.



A Day by Day Report

Here I am going to give a Day-by-day breakdown of how I've been doing.  I'll try to be brief.  Throughout the day-by-day report, you'll read the term "Net Calories", for those who don't know what "Net Calories" are, MyFitnessPal provides the following definition:
"We set your nutritional target in Net Calories which we define as:
Calories Consumed (Food) - Calories Burned (Exercise) = Net Calories
This means that if you exercise, you will be able to eat more for that day. For example, if your Net Calorie goal is 2000 calories, one way to meet that goal is to eat 2,500 calories of food, but then burn 500 calories through exercise.
Think of your Net Calories like a daily budget of calories to spend. You spend them by eating, and you earn more calories to eat by exercising. We do not recommend that women consume fewer than 1200 calories, or men fewer than 1500 calories, on a given day."
My Fitness Pal recommends that if I wan to lose 2 pounds a week, I should have a net calorie intake of 1450, and if I want to lose 1 pound a week I should have a net calorie intake of 1950.  So my personal goals is to try to stay within the 1450 limit, but if I'm really hungry its okay for me to come somewhere between 1450 and 1950.

April 3

On April 3 I started out pretty good, I logged my food through lunch, then I stopped.  I didn't go crazy with my food, but I probably did go a little over my recommended net calories. I also didn't walk like I'd planned.  As far as the walking goes, in my defense I was dead tired.  For some reason I woke up after only 3 hours of sleep, and couldn't fall back to sleep, so I spent most of the day sitting on the couch feeling like a zombie.

April 4

April 4th was the day my son came home from a mission trip in Nepal.  Even though it would have been easy to use that as an excuse to order pizza or something like that, I didn't.  I also succeeded recording all of my food.  I consumed 1733 calories, burned 180 in exercise, so my net calories were 1553.  Well with my limit.

April 5

Today is April 5th, and today I did a little better than yesterday. I logged all of my calories and I went for a walk.  I consumed 1512 calories, burned 138 in exercise, so my net calories 1374. That was a pretty good day.

Goals for the rest of the week.

My goals for the rest of the week are exactly what they've been so far, to record all my food and to go for a walk each day.  I'm not adding more goals right now... I'll just keep working on being consistent with these ones.



***************************************

Check out my artwork!